Wednesday, 27 June 2012

TGO Challenge 2012: Lochailort to St Cyrus


Index

Random Challenge Statistics

Nights in tent:  9 including Montrose
Nights in bothys: 1 (Luib Chonnal)
Nights in Hostels/B&Bs: 4 (3 planned 1 unplanned)
Day spent walking entire alone: 2 (Although one of those I did spend a couple of hours talking to Ali at the Newtonmore hostel so I’m not entirely sure it counts)
Days where the majority of the way was walked with another challenger: 1 (Luib Chonnal to Laggan with Jim Davison)
Nights spent camping alone: Just 2! (Not sure how I quite managed that – it didn’t look that sociable a crossing on paper!)
Number of different ales sampled: Unfortunately only 3 all from the Cairngorn brewery (Sheepshagger Gold, Wild Cat and Trade Winds) - Next time I must plan my route using the good beer guide.
Days walking through snow: 2
Munros: 2 (Cairn Bannoch & Broad Cairn)
Corbett: 2 (2 Carn Deargs)

If you have any other facts you think it would be interesting to know let me know and if I can remember I'll add it!  (NB: I will add distance and ascent once I've played around with the viewranger files but I really need to get out in the hills first...)

As this is my final TGO Clhallenge 2012 entry!  Thank you to everyone involved in organising the Challenge.  Also thank you to everyone on this years Challenge for making it such an enjoyable event.
Unfortunately that means no more TGO Challenge until 2014 (and that's if Alistair gains a place in 2013 and I gain a place in 2014!).  If Alistair is on in 2013 I will bring Isabel up so will see everyone then.  Otherwise I hope to see everyone at either a reunion, in the hills, on an ATP walk or in a pub soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment