Wednesday, 11 April 2012

Easter backpack day one - Corrour to near Loch Chiarain

Distance 9.5km Ascent 620m
 
After catching the early train to Glasgow this morning. I eventually arrived at Corrour at 3.20pm. I was surprised at how many people got off at Corrour I guess they have been going to Loch Ossian YHA as one large group headed that way. I was the only person heading away from Loch Ossian. After crossing rough ground and fording a river I began to climb steeply to the ridge (Tom an Eoin). On the ridge I was surprised to find the land rover tracks led all the way to Beinn a Bhric.  I reached the summit of Leum Uilleim at 5:45 and after a quick chat to Alistair & Isabel began the descend.  
View from Leum Uilleim
On the way down I descended a little further north than my planned route and ended up decending a much steeper slope than I'd planned.  As a result it was 7:15 before I reached flat ground so rather than my planned stopped at Loch Chiarain I founded a suitable spot along the Allt Feith Chiarian and stopped to set up camp.  The spot did have a good view of what I think is Buachaille Etive Mor.
View from the camp spot
For dinner I'd previously made my own dehydrated food but as a working Mum I no longer have the time!  As a result I'd brought a Real Turmat meal (this evening was Beef Stew) as Alan Sloman had previously reccomended this make on his blog.  Whilst the meal was a tad salty for my liking it was still very tasty and I was glad I'd stocked up for the challenge.  I finished the evening off with a hot chocolate and some whisky!


NB: I was trying to write this using the blogger app en route but unfortunately it didn't save my second draft so hence the delay in posting!  I've draft the second day to send via email to test if that works better than the app.

No comments:

Post a Comment