Friday, 23 March 2012

Shropshire Cake and Ale Trail Day 2 - Bishop's Castle to Church Stretton

Sunday 18th March 2012

22km 662m ascent

After a good breakfast at my B&B (Old Times) I set off over fields to Lydham.  After a short walk along roads I began ascending Linley Hill, where the only other occupants were sheep.  The hill had excellent views of the Stiperstones. After the long walk yesterday I had decided last night to slightly shorten my planned 30km day by excluding the Stiperstones.  Whilst the view made me regret that decision I was keen to see my daughter as it was Mother's Day.  Shortly after the top of Linley Hill I departed the Shropshire Way to head towards Bridges.  From Bridges I began the long climb up the Long Mynd.  The Long Mynd wad a very nice hill with tremendous views of the surrounding hills.

Views from Long Mynd

Views from Long Mynd

Views from Long Mynd
Looking around I wished I concentrated my backpack around the Church Stretton as the hills looked fantastic!  I descended the hill quickly to ensure I caught the 2:37 home so I could spend the rest of Mother's Day with my little girl!  

No comments:

Post a Comment