Friday, 16 August 2013

Wednesday 7th August: An evening walk up Kinder

Distance: 6.8km  Ascent:  380m

With another opportunity to go on an evening walk I decided to head up on to Kinder via Grindsbrook clough.  I'd last walked up the clough when I was first getting into walking with Alistair - so I thought it would be nice to go up the clough again.  I set off from Edale car park  around 19:30.  The Clough ascends slowly to begin with and it was a while  before getting to the more 'scrambly' section at the top of the clough.

Grindsbrook Clough
The heather was turning purple in the clough.

Heather
After climbing over lots of rocks and boulders at the top of the clough I reached the edge of Kinder at around 21:00.  It was nice to the interesting shaped rock at the top against the evening sky.
Interesting rock near the top of Grindsbrook Clough
As I set off to descend Grindslow Knoll I noticed the nice sunset behind me over Kinder.

Sunset over Kinder

As I descended the light faded, by the time I rejoined the Pennine Way through the woods I could only just see path.  I returned to the car at 22:00 after another nice evening walk.


No comments:

Post a Comment